The m-Unit V.2 is a digital control unit for your motorcycle - the 'heart' of the vehicle's electrical system.
The m-Unit V.2 can be operated by push-button control or conventional switch controls mounted at the handle bar. The control box is used for switching of all necessary vehicle components and doubles as fuse panel.
Its compact case has the approximate size of a deck of cards and is completely moulded in - resistant to water, weather and vibrations.
It is easily mounted by two M5 screws. All cable connections are made using terminal blocks.
The m-Unit V.2 is the 'electrical heart' of the motorcycle. All switching operations are completely digitally controlled by a microprocessor and the latest solid-state technology - completely without mechanical relays, taking vehicle electrical systems to a new level!
Features of the new version V.2
- reduced standby current of 0.35 mA (equivalent to 0.00035 A) if alarm system off, and 0.48 mA (equivalent to0.00048 A) if alarm system on - for longer battery life
- alarm system triggered by position-independent MEMS 3D gravity senor. Installation in every position possible
- alarm system with adjustable pre-alarm and adjustable levels of sensitivity
- alarm system can be deactivated for easy transport mode
- integrated parking light
- voltage range of 3V to 20V
- can be used with 6V and 12V electrical systems
- with extended voltage range, starting of an engine with a large displacement or high compression is no longer a problem
- protected against reverse polarity
- protected against overvoltage
- extreme cable reduction by integrating all cables of switch or push buttons control including brake light switch in the handlebar. With only one cable the m-Unit V.2 is operated via a digital bus technology(product m-Button isrequired)
Dimensions and specifications
L/W/H: 101 x 61 x 28 mm
Weight: approx. 180 g
Fixture: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive
Operating voltage: 3V - 20V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C
1 x input (plus, switched) for ignition lock or m-Lock
7 x pilot input (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch or setup respectively
8 x output (plus) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam, high beam, starter, horn, brake light, AUX (switched plus for all other appliances)
m-Unit V.2, approx. 50 cm connector cable for battery plus terminal with 10 mm² nominal cross-section, 2 cable eyelets, 1 x M5 stainless steel screw, 2 x M5 stainless steel screw with nut, detailed installation and operating instructions
All advantages summarized
- Control over handle bar push-buttons or conventional switch control units
- Completely replaces the fuse panel Up to 8 independent circuits are digitally monitored and de-energized in case of failures. After removal of the fault, the safety feature is automatically reset
- Diagnostics for all circuits use 15 status LEDs
- highest possible operational dependability with micro processor controlled and monitored switching operations
- flexible feature configuration due to simple device setup
- No mechanical relays - newest generation semiconductors switch quickly, free of loss and wear.
- utterly compact dimensions
- The m-Unit V.2 provides for hassle-free wiring and requires minimal wiring harnessing.
- Control of high and low beam possible with only one push-button.
- Digital hazard light control - stays on even after de-energizing the main system.
- integrated digital, load independent flasher relay (like m-Flash), timer-controlled automatic deactivation.
- selectable flasher mode with fade-in/fade-out effect like with the m-Wave! timer-controlled automatic deactivation.
- Navigation light feature selectable over all turn signals! Permanent low-light at each turn signal.
- integrated digital brake light modulator (like m-Stop), selectable flasher mode.
- integrated alarm system (gravity field sensor)
- intelligent deactivation of certain devices at engine startup
- only one cable required to control combined rear and brake lights
- completely water tight and vibration resistant